Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Home Study...The End Result is Good Stuff

I (Meredith) am so thankful I have had a couple of weeks off between resigning from my job at the hospital and starting back to work at the allergy clinic.  We finished our foster training on Sunday and I have been working on foster care paper work and scheduling appointments like it's my full time job. I'm happy to say we've gotten a lot done already and we just need to take care of a few more things before we can turn all our paper work in and have someone come out and tell us what we need to do in our home to make it "childproof".

I had my first cry today when attempting to schedule an appointment for someone from environmental health to come out and inspect our septic tank as part of our home study. Long story short, all we need is a letter saying we don't have any "poop holes" or leaks in our yard that could be hazardous. Apparently, however, one of the "rules" at the environmental health department is that we have to have our septic tank pumped before they can inspect it.  After going around and around on the phone with the sweet lady, explaining to her that all I need is for someone to come out, walk around in our yard and sign a form for us saying that nothing is leaking,  I broke down.  On the phone. With that sweet lady.  She was just doing her job and I understand that.  It was just a moment of frustration and there was no stopping the quiver in my voice that turned into a full blown cry.  How embarrassing. Although I denied the services the sweet lady was offering me, I did thank her for her time...and for not telling me how crazy I must have sounded.  Thankfully, our home study supervisor came to my rescue, assured me we would figure out another way to get the inspection done, and reminded me that "the end result is good stuff."  Yes. It sure will be.

I am blown away already by those who responded to my last post in regards to some of the things we are looking to buy or possibly have donated to help us get a room started for the first sweet little one that will come our way.  Here is a list of the things already offered to us:
 -Pack N Play
-Changing Table with Storage
-Baby bathtub
-Some girl's clothing and maybe some boys clothing
Such a BLESSING!!

Some of the bigger items we will need to have in place before we receive a child are a baby crib and possibly a twin sized bed, depending on the age of the child.  If you or anyone you know has either of these available and is wanting to sell or donate them, please let me know!  We would be so grateful.

Aaron and I have the opportunity to go out of town for a little fall getaway this weekend and the timing couldn't be more perfect!  We haven't had the chance to go anywhere on our own since our honeymoon - almost 4 years ago.  We are so looking forward to time away together, just the two of us, to refresh and recharge for the next few weeks and months ahead!  WHOOHOOO! (maybe this time away will help keep me from crying on the phone with complete strangers!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment