“Dada” is something I’ve waited a long time to hear, and now that wait is almost over! We’ve been working on it here and there, the girls and I, but so far all I get from them is blank stares and tiny grins. That’s not exactly what I’m hoping for in the moment, but I’ll take those toothless smiles any day.
Listen Here:
Sweetest Girls EVER
It has never been so apparent to me in my lifetime that we are living in the center of God’s will. Even before we knew these children, God was preparing our hearts, He was preparing our move, He was preparing our new home, He was preparing our new jobs, He was preparing our family, He was preparing our resources… HE was preparing it all. We walked into this stage of life wanting both to answer Christ’s call to love and care for the fatherless and to enjoy being parents. The impact of those desires have changed our hearts forever and deepened our understanding of what it means to be a child of God.
We are blessed beyond measure with these 2 sisters (I’ve nicknamed them “Pup” and “Blue”). They exhaust and frustrate us nearly every day, they make us laugh and dream every day. Most of all, they bring us to our knees every night. We don’t know if God has chosen these 2 sweet girls to be ours just yet, but we do know that God chose us to be theirs right now, and that is enough for me.
Please remember us in your prayers. We are so in love with these 2, our emotions ride a rollercoaster almost minute-by-minute. More than anything, Meredith and I want to be “Mama & Dada” to them, God willing, forever. Above all we want to know they will be raised in a home that points them to the cross, and guides their hearts and minds toward eternal things.
If the final decision is that they will be ours, AMEN. If they go away, AMEN. It’s all in God’s hands, He’s gotten us this far, and I know no matter the outcome, He isn’t going anywhere.
Aaron
No comments:
Post a Comment